To take Skype lessons with me, the prerequisites are:
• You must have high speed internet (DSL, cable modem, etc.). For high quality video, download and upload speeds must be at least 380KB/second, per Skype’s specs. Dial-up will not work.
You can check the speed of your internet connection by going to http://speedtest.net/. That website indicates your local access point/city with a spinning gold star. Click the star and the site conducts testing, finally displaying your upload and download speeds in kilobytes (KB) per second.
• You must be tech savvy enough to:
– Download and print out lesson material PDF’s I email to you a day or two before each lesson
– Test your home setup, and work out any audio and video problems before our first Skype lesson. I recommend you do testing with a friend or relative who also has Skype and a webcam, so we don’t spend valuable lesson time sorting out tech issues instead.
– Regularly check your email, my normal channel of communication is email first, cell phone second.
• You must have a PayPal account to pay for your lessons in advance. If that doesn’t work for you, then a check or money order must reach me and clear my bank before lessons begin.
NOTE: all lesson audio and printed materials are Copyright © John McClung, and provided for your personal use only. They are not to be given, loaned, or sold to anyone else, and may not be posted to YouTube or any other website. You are required to sign an agreement to that effect before we begin lessons.